Thursday, October 6, 2011

Children

Realizing I was more than ready for church an hour before it start I decided to download the last conference talks on to my cell. Scrolling down the titles of each talk. I decided to read a talk I had missed by Neil L. Andersen called "CHILDREN". Naturallly being a mother this drew me in.

During his talk Brother Andersen shared a Christen womens blog entry. Although not of the LDS faith I felt strongly this was speaking to me and many other mothers. In this blog she states " "Children rank below college. Below world travel. Below the ability to go out at night at your leisure. Below honoring your body at the gym. Below any job you may have or hope to get. Motherhood is not a hobby, it is a calling. You do not collect children because you find them cuter than stamps. It is not something to do if you can squeeze the time in. It is what God gave you time for" Looking around at the fathers and mothers at Trace's preschool I realized how young of a parent I really am. Being a young mother there are times I wish I had delayed having kids and finished college and build a career for myself. I always felt like I didn't accomplish what my brothers and sister have. But Brother Andersen stressing this made me feel relief that I am doing the right thing by having my kids so early in life. Because I am so young there is plenty of time for me to get my education. And so many tools for mothers to finish school. Thanks to night school and when used for the right reasons the internet.

Further in the talk I become every appreciative of my husband who is a great father Brother Andersen say "To a righteous father, there are no words sufficient to express the gratitude and love he feels for his wife's incalculable gift of bearing and caring for children". I remember Tim saying (with our first) thanks for giving me a son. And although I know he would have been happy with either gender it was so wonderful to hear that he was thankful for me. This thought and memory also confirmed to me once again I was doing the right thing and I had wonderful support in Tim.

"It is a crowing privilege of a husband and wife who are able to bear children to provide mortal bodies for these spirit children of God." -Neil L. Andersen. It truly is a privilege for me to be able to bare children (no matter how hard pregnancy is and trust me this one has not been easy) and it is also a privilege to be a mother to my two sons who always keep me smiling. I would be lost without them. And truly would not trade them for anything in the world and do not regret having them so soon in life.

"Whosoever shall receive on of such children in my name, receiveth me and whosoever shall receive me , receiveth him that sent me"-Brother Andersen quoting the Savor.

I know many women who long so hard to have children. Either unmarried or just can conceive. I hope that this talk has helped them realize the promises the Lord has made to them. "Faithful members whose circumstances do not allow them to receive the blessings of eternal marriage and parenthood in this life will receive all promised blessings in the eternities (as) they keep the covenants the have made with God" I truly wish for these women that life wasn't so unfair. There are mothers who don't even want there children when others who desperately want them are unable. I am so happy for those who are able to adopt these children. And am so grateful for loved ones I have seen go throughout this life some passing who have not had an eternal companion. That if they keep the commandments they will be able to recieve all promised blessings. I believe this would be a companion and children. This too gave me comfort and hope for those who haven't been able have the experiences I have had.

I am so grateful to my little growing family. I am so thankful to the Lord giving me such a gift. And having a husband who is also grateful for each little person in our lives and grateful for me. The women in the blog was right this is what God gave me time for no regrets!!

No comments:

All becasue two people fell in love

All becasue two people fell in love
My Eternal Compainion

Background