Monday, April 12, 2010

Apron Project


I am so excited about this project I can hardly wait to get started. I just got done looking at so many different ideas I think I may end up making more than one!! I guess this will be a good thing come birthdays showers or Christmas gifts. But I might get greedy and keep them all to myself. But every cook wants and needs more than one anyways right?

I have found sites that tell you step by step how to make them. I am currently putting them on here. You can make Aprons out of anything old dresses, old Levis and pillow cases. I think i want to try a little of each!!!Add Image
Add Video
Remove Formatting from selection

Honestly it is going to coast me a lot less making my own then going to flirty aprons in the mall and buying one. I have thought about buying patterns much like this or just free handing it or doing what I did for my sister. I bought and apron body for $5 at Walmart and bought some material and rick rack and added my own details. I recovered the pocket in a patter en material made a ruffle and the top and bottom with the same material then accented it all with Rik rack So not the best picture but I hope you get the idea. She choose out the color,and the material on the bottom. There are a few things that I might do different to mine. Like I would choose a red body and I would shorten the length. I am thinking big floral and polka dotes. Then ribbon to hold the neck and tie the back.
I am also going to add embellishments much like this super cute flower as shown up above and the sheer ruffle on the bottom.
(I can get over how much this one looks like a dress.) Anyway check out all the cool sites I found. Maybe you'll want to make one too.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that last one! I want to wear it as a dress! maybe i will make one and turn it into a dress....

Tim and Tesha said...

lol I know it totally does. I liked it at first but have found more I like better

McKell + Garrett Hartle said...

we need to have a girls craft night.

Tim and Tesha said...

Yes we should!! A few friends and I are thinking about having on each month.

All becasue two people fell in love

All becasue two people fell in love
My Eternal Compainion

Background