Sunday, April 18, 2010

My First Diaper Cake



Before addtional deco addedAfter deco added


It was a lot easier than I thought it would be to make. I was shocked that people would pay as much as they do at Quited Bear.

Here is the break down

White Cloud diapers (can't find anymore where bought out someone must have returned them at walmart) I got a pk for just .10 wow
then I bought a pk of 42 diapers for $5.00 (didn't use all of them and gave the remaining ones to sis)
Ribbon $5.00 (still have a lot more left over)
Blinks's $2.00 (for two)
Giraffe Tupperware $1.00
small elephant book $ 1.00
a bottle .97
baby shampoo $2.00
baby spoons $1.00 (f0r two)
additional deco probably adds up to be about .50

Making my diaper cake total .....$18.57

I think you could do it even cheaper than that with buying cheaper ribbon or making two layers and not three. I think you could get away with making this out of only one pk of diapers. I was just so lucky how cheap I got the white clouds for. The best part is my sister in law loves white cloud diapers and was so upset that it went out of business. It was prefect because the diapers had jungle an mails on it. Which was both her shower theme and nursery theme so the cake made a great center piece.

3 comments:

McKell + Garrett said...

so... when i have kids. SOME day, I want a cake. :) but not jungle themed please. you are so talented and crafty i love it.

Brett and Shendi said...

good job on the diaper. ps did not know you had a blog. now i do ;)

Tim and Tesha said...

lol Shendi you are so funny!! Yeah I have had one for a while. Thanks You!

Mckell are you announcing something lol jk.I will be happy to make you one. I won't do it jungle themed I just did jungle themed because that is what the babies nursery is in.

All becasue two people fell in love

All becasue two people fell in love
My Eternal Compainion

Background